Some things I’ve learned or realized just today:
1. I really like reading blogs about crochet and knitting.
2. Being pregnant during the summer in Florida and having to work in a building with no air conditioning is an absolutely horrible way to spend a day. It’s caused a lot of swelling in my hands and feet.
3. While I’m normally a very patient person, I have no patience for knitting/crocheting on small needles with small yarns. The bulkier the better. I like to combine the thin, fashion yarns with bulkier yarns to make something different.
4. I would much rather photograph a wedding than edit the photos from a wedding.
5. I have to teach my husband how to sweep floors and wash dishes. His parents didn’t do a very good job with those tasks.
6. I love thunderstorms, but not when they interrupt editing my client work because of power outages.
7. I really wish I didn’t have to work so much and I could do all the things around the house that I want to do, like paint the rooms, clean out closets, and reorganize/rearrange.
8. People can actually tell I’m pregnant now and not just pudgy (only took six months).
9. I lack the confidence to follow a knitting/crochet pattern. I’d much rather stick to the things I’m familiar with or make it up as I go than risk screwing a pattern up. So after the scarf I’m currently working on is finished, I am going to make myself follow all the “beginner” patterns in a book that’s been sitting on my shelf for the past six years (even if they are boring), just so I can practice following patterns.
10. I really wish I had more free time. I don’t want to be the mom that can’t play with my kids because I’m always working.